Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:00:41 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Boris Kochergin <spawk@acm.poly.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACLs overriding umasks?

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Boris Kochergin wrote:

> Hi, list. A few years ago, there were plans to add an option to the
> filesystem ACL implementation that would allow ACLs to override umasks when
> creating files. I haven't been able to find anything else conclusive on the
> matter and was wondering if it was ever implemented. Thanks.

Hi Boris:

The quick answer is: no, that hasn't happened yet, but it would be nice to do
it for 8.0.  There's a large in-progress project as part of Google Summer of
Code to implement NFSv4 ACLs as well, which we should hear more on soon now
that the summer is wrapping up.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge