Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:28:45 -0300
From:      Marcio Merlone <mm@surf.com.br>
To:        Ronj_clark@yahoo.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Xfree 4.x.x and Intel i810 revisited

Ronnie Clark wrote:
> Hello all...
>
> A few weeks ago, there was a thread of someone trying
> to get X working with the i810 cheipset. Did this ever
> get resolved? If so, could someone send me the final
> entry in the thread? Or point me to the archived
> thread somewhere? Or, if you happen to know what steps
> to take to get this to work, that would really be
> appreciated.  (and the preferred solution) :)

I'm not sure, but you migth be referencing a thread I did start. I was
using such video card on an Compaq iPaq (desktop). It really is not that
difficult to make it work, just RTFM make it. That is not the problem.
The problem is that the chip is buggy and seems like X developers did
not find how to workaround it 100%. My X kept crashing twice or more a
day and then I found the final solution:

another machine with another video card.

But make it work and test anyway, perhaps you success using it without
crashes, must test. Look for its docs (locate i810) on your filesystem
and follow it.

[ ]'s

--
Marcio Merlone