Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:17:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OT: QMail, Procmail, & Root privs.

I am running qmail(mbox)+procmail.  I have a script that is run from
/usr/local/etc/procmailrc.  For reasons I can't fathom it seems to have
dropped root privs before the script specifies it (DROPPRIV).

It's a very simple script, it sets some env variables, runs 'test' and
'grep' and delivers mail based on the results.  Problem is the files
aren't readable but everyone and test and grep need to run as root.

Has anyone run into this or have any ideas on how I can troubleshoot?
Verbost logging does say anything about dropping privs.

Thanks

--
Chris