Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 17:37:45 -0300
From:      Mauricio Westendorff Pegoraro <mwp@pucrs.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help. Platform migration.

Hi.

I am trying to transfer users from an AIX machine  to a FreeBSD machine.
Ok, creating the users and their homes was ok. My problem is: I can't
change the users' passwords because it's impossible, there +3000 users
in the AIX machine, so I must keep the same passwords, but AIX passwd
encryption != to FreeBSD passwd encryption. I'd like to know if any one
out there knows a solution for  this problem? Does any one  know how to
transfer the passwords? Have any one had this sort of problem?

Thanks a lot. I really really need help.

MaurícioWP.