Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:33:11 +0100
From:      Karol Kwiatkowski <freebsd@orchid.homeunix.org>
To:        Chris Hodgins <chodgins@cis.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        saravanan ganapathy <sarav_gsa@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: using portversion (Was: keeping freebsd uptodate - doubt)

Chris Hodgins wrote:
>>> 4) portversion -v
>>
>> 'portversion -v | grep -v "=" ' is what I use.
>>

> You shouldn't require the grep...you can do this instead:
>
> # portversion -vl"<"

Cheers for that, I didn't thought about that.

But, that's not exactly what I wanted: '-l' switch includes only "<"
while 'grep -v "="' excludes "=". The difference is I wanted ">"
included, too (just in case).

Quick scan of portversion manpage gave me '-L' option:

> -L CHARS
> --inv-limit CHARS    Exclude the packages with the specified status
>                      flags.

so it would be like:

# portversion -vL"<"

Thanks for info!

Karol

--
Karol Kwiatkowski  <freebsd at orchid dot homeunix dot org>