Date:      Sat, 03 Jun 2000 13:28:27 GMT
From:      bart.lateur@skynet.be (Bart Lateur)
To:        Brent Rector <brent@sohost.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Image manipulation port? ability to slice apart large graphics for web  use

On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 19:38:51 -0700, Brent Rector wrote:

>Does anyone know of what I can use for the above subject?

You mean:

> Subject: Re: Image manipulation port? ability to slice apart large
> graphics for web use

I would take a really good look at the ImageMagick stuff. It's a suite
especially designed for image manipulation through scripting, e.g. on, a
webs server. There are scripting interfaces available for Perl, Python,
Java, C/C++.

	<http://www.wizards.dupont.com/cristy/ImageMagick.html>;

I don't immediately see "cropping" mentioned amongst the promoted list
of possibilities, but I'd be very surprised if it couldn't be used for
something so simple.

Unfortunately, the port is still for ImageMagick-5.1.1, while the
current version for ImageMagick is 5.2.0. That ought to be easily fixed.

What I DON'T like, is that a command line image manipulator program
requires XFree86!?!?

--
	Bart.