Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 09:07:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@jeah.net>
To:        "Kasper (swebase)" <kasper@swebase.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Server hangs.

Do you have any kind of CGI's running on this machine for a webserver,
etc? What that appears to be is a message that's telling you that
something is trying to access a file called /etc/spwd.db by either a
program or a username by the name of cgiwrap. I would, just to be on the
safe side, sniff around the machine a little bit, see if anything else
peculiar shows up. If so, then you may have a hacked box on your hands.

-- Jonathan M. Slivko

Jonathan M. Slivko         | e-mail: jslivko@jeah.net
Sys. Admin, DataSyrgeINET  | http://www.datasyrge.net
Tech. Support, SimpHost    | http://www.simphost.com