Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:55:04 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org, kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk
Subject:   Re: Anyone using HAST in production / performance?

> I've been looking at HAST for a while (I posted here a while ago about
> performance).
>
> Is anyone using it in production? - How do you find the performance?

A belated followup to this, but yes, I have been using it in
production for a while now - it replaces an older stack
we constructed based on gmirror and ggated. Much mucy better and
far more repliable.

Performance wise I havent done any real testing I am
afraid, aside form looking at raw disc bandwidth using
gstat when we are doing a heavy operation. There we get
about 50 meg/second, which is more or less what I would expecrt
over gig ether.

We use dedicates adapters for the hast connection - wired back to back
and only talk to each other. We also use a pair of cards for each hast
drive, and we then run ZFS over the top with light compression
enabled (lz4).

The setup is used to run mysql on top of - initially using myISAM tables,
but now using innodb. Performance appears to be fine - i,.e. I havent
noticed any issues, but as I said, we havent actually treid to measure
it.

-pete.