Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:23:15 -0400
From:      "MikeM" <lists@oneyou.mcmli.com>
To:        "Mike Hogsett" <hogsett@csl.sri.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anon FTP Server

On 9/13/2002 at 1:23 PM Mike Hogsett wrote:

>Ok, so I am setting up an anon FTP server.
>
>I was wondering if anyone knows of an FTP server that I can compile
with
>all write (put,mkdir,etc) abilities disabled and that rejects all
>non-anonymous logins.
 =============

vsftpd is in the ports tree, will do what you need via config file
changes.

http://vsftpd.beasts.org/

Excerpts from my config (which is config'd to do the opposite of what
you want)

# Uncomment this to allow local users to log in.
local_enable=YES
#
# Allow anonymous FTP?
anonymous_enable=NO
#
# Uncomment this to enable any form of FTP write command.
write_enable=YES
#
# Uncomment this to allow the anonymous FTP user to upload files. This
only
# has an effect if the above global write enable is activated. Also,
you will
# obviously need to create a directory writable by the FTP user.
anon_upload_enable=NO
#
# Uncomment this if you want the anonymous FTP user to be able to
create
# new directories.
anon_mkdir_write_enable=NO

etc...