Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:55:22 -0500
From:      Yonny_Cardenas@panamco-indega.com.co
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Send the login and password with pppd

Hi,

I want connect my box with FreeBSD to Token Ring Network.

I have one old Shiva Remote LanRoverT with 8 serial RS-323
and one port Token Ring.

I can connect my box with Shiva with Null modem cable,
using PPP of MS-Windows 95, but it can't connect with pppd of FreeBSD.

I don't know how send my login and password with pppd ...

The following command I using:

pppd /dev/cua00 38400 172.20.100.253:172.20.100.251

The Shiva show attempt the connection,
it present the following messages several times:

NOTICE    Serial7: New Networking session
INFO Serial7: LCP negotiation not converging
NOTICE    Serial7: user exit
INFO Serial7: Rate 38400bps

Thanks for your help.

Yonny