Date:      Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:26:09 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: first time with a 64bit CPU ... kernel config ...

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2006, at 10:57 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> 1/ I'm running a 3.4G Xeon ... what should I put here for cpu?
>
> Leave the GENERIC file as-is, and only remove devices you do not have, such
> as all those bazillion ethernet devices and such, and remove options you do
> not need such as NFS_ROOT
>
> I also remove tape changers and the like, and usually disable USB unless the
> machine only has a USB keyboard.
>
> It looks pretty much like what you've done :-)

Just curious, but is there anything i want to add to make.conf?  My i386
boxes, I have:

CFLAGS= -O -mpentium -pipe -g -DKVA_PAGES=512
COPTFLAGS= -O -mpentium -pipe -DKVA_PAGES=512

I don't need those -DKVA_PAGES lines anymore, as I've gotten (or am
getting) rid of UNIONFS, which is what I needed them for to increase my
available vnodes ... but what about the rest of the line?

----