Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 14:57:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Prentice <steve@aries.bbcc.ctc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quotas

I need a little help setting up quotas.  I thought I have went through
every little thing, but nothing works.  I have specified "userquota" and
"groupquota" in fstab for my /dev/sd0g (/home).  Here is the line in fstab:
/dev/sd0g		/home	ufs rw 1 1 userquota groupquota

Then I have made the two files quota.group and quota.user in /home.  And
made them readable and writeable by only root (600).  And made them owned
by root:wheel.

Then I ran quotaon -a, and just to make sure quotaon /home.

Then I ran edquota -g user  (edit quotas for group user) and it worked
fine.  I put:
fs /home blocks soft=10000 hard=20000
edquota returns no errors after saving the file, but if I execute
quotas -g user   It comes up with quotas:none.  No matter who I put in
the line in edquota, the two files (quota.group, quota.user) never get
changed.  Help!! :)

Steve Prentice
steve@aries.bbcc.ctc.edu