Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 12:44:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        didier@omnix.fr.org (Didier Derny)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP! Large Configuration needed.

		Hi there,

> I have to install a FreeBSD 2.0-RELEASE with
>
> the fastest available mother board/ pentium.
> The fastest scsi board (either PCI or VLB)
> 256 Mb of memory
> the fastest scsi hard disks.
> the fastest 10Mb Ethernet board.
>
> I want to find the components from widely distrubuted brand such
> as Adaptec, Bus Logic.....
>
> I aslo want the most reliable components.

	Go for:

	Gateway P-120 w. Triton chipset based motherboard ( !!! -
	note , they apparenly have only 4 slots for SIMMs - so
	double check if you'll be able to put 256 Mb of RAM
	into it ... they have some advanced RAM - DRAM or something
	like this , but it only comes in 16 Mb SIMMs . Sigh :(

	Adaptec 2940 PCI-SCSI
	Seagate Barracudas HDDs
	SMC EtherPower Ethernet adapter
	Diamond Stealth 64 with 4 Mb of RAM :)) - but be careful here
	too - the folx from XFree team doesn't have a XS3 binary for
	the latest Diamond card ( the one which comes with Texas Inst.
	220 Mhz chip) , so either buy something less bleading from
	Diamond , or wait a month or so . Anything else would be
	uncivilized :))

	Rashid