Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 1998 15:10:38 -0400
From:      Doug MacKenzie <elephant@cgocable.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DNS Slow response Using 2.2.6 and Named

Quick question...

I have set up named, what I believe are the correct settings for the DNS
(ie primary and secondary), and everything seems to be working fine.

EXCEPT, the bloody response is slow...

What are the main reasons that it is so slow. The machine is not bogged
down at all, once the translation goes through then the actual web
server kicks the data so fast it can hardly display in time..

I have spent a long time at this and all I get is....

1) connect : looking up host (for several seconds) and then once the
connection is made it is really fast

Thanks for any help!!

Regards

Doug