Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:31:49 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WARNING: Driver mistake: destroy_dev on 154/0

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 12:10:14AM +0000, Nick Hibma wrote:

> Yes. I have no idea why phk has not done this.
>
> As this is a purposeful panicing of systems that worked fine before, I
> presume that someone is keeping track of the problems that are occurring
> and going to do something about it? Or is this a bad case of 'someone
> else's problem'?

This was debated ad nausium over the weekend, with the end resulting being
a Pay-Per-View deathmatch between phk and grog (to be held at the next
Geek Wrestlemania so I hear).  In this case, the change actually exposed
a long-ignored bug in an *extremely* bogus piece of code in the asr
driver.  I've applied a Band-Aid to the driver until the author comes
up with a suitable fix.

Scott