Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:54:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Josh Brooks <user@mail.econolodgetulsa.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS - what troubles to expect ?

Helol,

I have used NFS on sun/solaris systems for many years, and the one big
headache that comes to mind is how, if the server is down, and the client
has an automount on boot, the client will hang forever (basically forever)
trying to mount from the down NFS server.

Does this behavior exist in the FreeBSD world ?  What other related
behavior can I expect if I have about 10 servers that are all _clients_
for an 11th NFS server, and that NFS server goes down ?  Will the
performance on the clients go down when the NFS server disappears ?

Will they too, like solaris systems, hang forever on boot when the nfs
server they automount is not present ?

thanks!