Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:27:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hello Nasty <abcdefplonk@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with xorg 7.2 upgrade - xorg-docs and xorg-apps

I upgraded to xorg 7.2 a while ago, and everything seems to be working well, but my ports list shows the following out-of-date ports, and I can't seem to do anything about them:

xorg-clients-6.9.0_3                <   needs updating (port has 7.2)
xorg-documents-6.9.0                <   needs updating (port has 1.3,1)

>From poking around on the net, I have gathered that these ports have been replaced (in 7.2) by the new ports "xorg-apps" and "xorg-docs".  Those have (apparently) been successfully installed:

xorg-apps-7.2                       =   up-to-date with port
xorg-docs-1.3,1                     =   up-to-date with port

Nothing seems to get xorg-clients and xorg-documents out of my list.

Portupgrade always just skips them, saying "Skipping 'x11/xorg-docs' (xorg-documents-6.9.0) because it has already been ignored" (and something similar for xorg-clients).

Make deinstall/make reinstall has no net effect.

I believe that I followed the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING regarding xorg 7.2.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get these things out of my list?

Thanks in advance for any help.