Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 00:09:13 -0700
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        "James Lim" <jameslpin@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        kstewart@urx.com, "Justin Booth" <jbooth@ccbill.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gentle request... FIX YOUR MUA!

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:14:49 +0800  "James Lim" wrote:
 +------------------
 |             I will make the changes, for such minor issue i am not able to
 | keep track on a daily basis as a few of my coleagues share the same terminal
 | as I am.
 +------------------

It may seem that this is a minor issue.  But let me assure you that
it is not.  It is these casual, seemingly innocent enhancements
that cause useful standards to become irrelevant.  Eventually the
usage becomes so reshaped that the standard is irrelevant and the
proprietary implementation replaces it.  Each time this succeeds it
makes freeware and opensource less relevant,

 | I will change it to plain text

Thanks.  I'll be surprised if anyone who uses the PC ever notices
the change.  BTW you may want to edit some of your quoted text too.

--
    Chris Fedde