Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:37:35 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@uffdaonline.net>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_3 not in CVSROOT/val-tags

On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 02:07:06AM -0500, W Gerald Hicks wrote:
> I'm not sure how this is normally updated but it was necessary for
> me to add the following line to CVSROOT/val-tags before I was able
> to checkout the new -stable branch.
>
> RELENG_3 y

It is added by a successful checkout/update for the specific tag.  If you
want to save it some time, you could update in a directory without a lot
of subdirectories (like /usr/src/tools) first:

$ cd /usr/src/tools
$ cvs -q update -PdA -r RELENG_3

[ or you could manually add it, but that could be more error prone ]

--
Zach Heilig <zach@uffdaonline.net> / Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>