Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 04:01:12 -0400
From:      hanbauder@netscape.net
To:        k_greenwood1@yahoo.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x11amp unable to open the audio device

I'm sure compile the kernel with sound card support. I can play Mp3 music in the command line with amp-0.7.6 and I can play CD with cd-console very well. But I don't know why the X11amp can't open the audio device in X window. I also find most mp3 player run in X window or Kde2.1.1 can't open the audio device. Why?
Thank you for your response.
Hanbauder