Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:31:21 -0400
From:      "Monah Baki" <mbaki@whywire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stuck on GDM and GNOME 2.4

Hi all,

I installed from ports gnome 2.4 and gdm on Freebsd 4.9. I copied factory-gdm.conf to
gdm.conf, I also copied gdm.sh.sample to gdm.sh.
I still can't start gdm I get the following error messages:

Dec 27 10:03:15 trinity gdm[193]: Failed to start X server several times in a short time period;
disabling display :0
Dec 27 10:08:05 trinity gdm[252]: gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error - Restarting :0

One thing I noticed in the mailing list is not to start gdm at boot time. Which file is needed for
that so that I can disable it.

Thank you.