Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:21:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Allocate a page at interrupt time

:I'd agree that is a specialized situation, one which wouldn't
:be critical to many freebsd users.  Is Terry right that the
:current strategy will "lock us into virtual wire mode", in
:some way which means that this specialized situation CANNOT
:be handled?
:
:(it would be fine if it were "handled" via some specialized
:kernel option, imo.  I'm just wondering what the limitations
:are.  I do not mean to imply we should follow some different
:strategy here, I'm just wondering...)
:
:--
:Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu

    In -current there is nothing preventing us from wiring
    interrupt *threads* to cpus.  Wiring the actual interrupts
    themselves might or might not yield a performance improvement
    beyond that.

					    -Matt