Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:51:51 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, wwoods@cybcon.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make worl error on -current elf ...please help

Søren Schmidt wrote:

> > > We still need to get the LKM's rebuild even on an ELF system though,
> > > but this was clearly not the way...
> >
> > The correct way is: "don't use NOAOUT". That's for people who know what
> > they are doing. The lkms _are_ built during `make world'. You are not
> > helping!
>
> Until we have a substitute for them, they should be build in all cases,
> as they are vital to the system functioning.

I keep repeating myself here. Sigh. They are. Don't use NOAOUT. It's like
when you use NOPERL and ask why perl didn't get updated. If it hurts when
you hit yourself on the head with a hammer, then don't hit yourself
on the head with a hammer. Good grief!

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137