Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:33:49 -0500
From:      Syam Gadde <gadde@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DVD playback

Quoting Mathew KANNER (mat@cs.mcgill.ca):
> 	However, with a third tool, a small userland utility that
> blasts a mounted file looking for the right bits, you can spool or
> pipe the movies to a player.  This tool is also readily found on the
> Internet, often close to the other files mentioned above.  I've used
> players such as xmovie or xine, both of which are in the ports.

In fact, you can just use xine, and the xine DVD plugin (available
separately, just search for it) to play DVDs.  Complete with semi-
functional UDF reader, IFO parser and stuff.  They both now compile
natively under FreeBSD.

But you didn't hear me say that.

-syam

--
Syam Gadde....................LSRC D307..................(O) (919)660-6599
Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129