Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:26:09 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        wildcardus freakis <wildcard@dax.belen.k12.nm.us>
Cc:        Christopher Michaels - SSG <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>, "Russell D. Murphy" <rdmurphy@vt.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd and MS Network Neighborhood

wildcardus freakis wrote:

>                 I stand humblely corrected....
>
> On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Christopher Michaels - SSG wrote:

Netbeui follows a pattern it is alway \\host\"drive share name". You don't
have to browse to map a drive. The first panel that comes up provides that
opportunity. There are usually a couple of drop down items that let your
select your local drive letter and then map drives you have mapped before. I
map a drive like \\nomad\c or \\nomad\d since I have my C and D drives set
to share as the letter.

I have also used the browser across switches and routers. You may have to
set your routers and etc. to pass the MS stuff. You also need a master
brower (NT preferred) in each segment.

> >       (if I just put my foot in my mouth, please don't kill me)
> >
> > > When i say switches I mean ones configed for TCP networks only...I have
> > > several switches and I can see MSNN through them fine, but then they are
> > > considered Workgroup Switches so they are configured for routing everthing
> > > even Microsoft garbage.
> > >
> > > I might be wrong but this is to the best of my knowledge.
> > >
> > > Ta-
> > > Sasha
> > >
> >       P.S. My coworker just looked over my shoulder and asked me if I was
> > writing a book here.  ;^P

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html