Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:25:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Michael <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
To:        kplug-list@kernel-panic.org, "David S. Jackson" <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, ale@ale.org
Subject:   Re: gnutella tips?

I've come to find gnutella almost useless for anything I'm in a hurry
for. I mainly use it to randomly browse and add anything that seems
interesting and will actually download to my collection. Even Usenet is
less frustrating in general. FreeNet seems the most promissing but since
it has no built-in search mechanism you have to browse the index sites for
what you are looking for. When I move somewhere with cable/dsl access
again I'll make my sizable collection available on FreeNet if they fix it
to handle so many files by then. (I've recently learned FreeNet can't yet
handle 100gig influxes of data. *sighs*)

Your best bet might be IRC. Find some people with common interest and
share to your hearts content. *shrugs* (I spend a lot of time gathering
files off the Net so there is my experience.)

*^*^*^*
Michael McGlothlin <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
http://www.nomadphones.org