Date:      Thu, 6 May 2010 15:38:30 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Luk=E1=A8_Czerner?=" <czerner.lukas@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to get data from kernel module ?

Hi,

I am creating a kernel module and I need to get some information from
that module. I can do this with ioctl and pass the data to the
user space but it seems a bit unpractical to me, because I do not know
the amount of the data - it can differ. I do not know of any way to
pass a list of structures to the userspace through ioctl - is there
any?

So my question is, is there any standard way in FreeBSD to do this ?
In linux I would probably use the sysfs, but in FreeBSD I can not find
anything similar, except just creating some virtual filesystem on my
own and obviously this is not what I want to do.

Thanks!
-Lukas