Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 01:10:24 -0500
From:      Brad Karp <karp@eecs.harvard.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM ThinkPad PS2.EXE API

In the past week or so, someone claimed that specs for the IBM ThinkPad
BIOS routines for configuring power management (implemented by the PS2.EXE
command under DOS) were publically available.

I'm interested in writing code to do a subset of PS2.EXE's functionality
for FreeBSD, so I read this with interest. In particular, I'd like to write
code to configure the location of the hibernation file on disk, so that I
can make a partition for the hibernation file for use under FreeBSD, without
having Win95 or NT installed on my IBM 380.

However, I've scoured IBM's web sites without finding a trace of any
document that describes this API. Can anyone supply a pointer to this
document, and/or provide the document his or herself?

Thanks,
-Brad, karp@eecs.harvard.edu