Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:10:26 +0300
From:      Khorev Sergey <Khorev@SoftLab.RU>
To:        'Theodore Hope' <freebsd@iguana.internexo.co.cr>, freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: oracle 8.1.7.0.1 installation successful, anyone?

> I'm wondering if anyone has successfully installed Oracle
> (8.1.x or 9.x) under 4.5-Release.

Yes, I am (8.1.7.0.1 on FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE, successfully patched to
8.1.7.3.0).
The main HOWTO-idea can be found at
http://www.kiwi-us.com/~tokuda/FreeBSD/oracle816.html (in Japanese so I used
AltaVista translator)

> (If anyone could tell me how to download Oracle 8.0.x I'd
> also like to give it a try, but the "oldest" one can download
> for Linux from oracle.com is 8.1.7.0.1.)

Try to search web for file 805ship.tgz, it's a standard edition and
something like '8051Enterprise'...