Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:47:10 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Kevin Lyons <klyons@corserv.corserv.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSDi acquisition of Telenet

At 1:17 PM +0200 2000/6/9, Narvi wrote:

>  IMHO it's pretty clear. They are now a system manufacturer just like sun,
>  compaq, ibm or similar. Except they started with the software and then
>  bought the hardware arm 8-)

	I sure hope that this means they'll build much nicer looking
hardware.  The stuff I've seen on the old Telenet web page looked
pretty ratty, compared to some of the stuff I've seen from Cobalt and
some other vendors (Sun's Netra t1 and the 220R and 420R are okay,
but I'd shoot higher than that).

	I'm not so worried about how it will perform (although Telenet
doesn't seem to have anything that can compare with how much Dell
crams into their 2450), but it would be nice if we finally had a
vendor in this market that actually built nice-looking hardware.