Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 22:25:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Audio control with an Gravis Ultrasound

Hi...

	I just installed a friends Gravis Ultrasound into my
-current machine, with a Mitsumi CDrom player, and I can get
sound *through* the Gravis Ultrasound, but I can't seem to control
volume.

	I've tried using 'xcd', which has volume control, and it
starts up saying that volume == 0, when I can hear the sound no
problem.

	I've done a "MAKEDEV snd0" in /dev, to create the appropriate
devices...

	*What* am I missing?  Everything is being recognized when the
system boots as well...

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org