Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 01:48:19 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        ume@mahoroba.org
Subject:   Re: multicast + PCCard NIC = kernel panic?

>>>>> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:35:53 -0600
>>>>> Warner Losh <imp@village.org> said:

imp> In message <7676.964529079@localhost> "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
imp> : > OK.  We have no enough time.  I'll commit it.
imp> : > Jordan, can I MFC this?
imp> :
imp> : Only if you're really really sure it won't break something else.
imp> : I must confess that the way this one has turned up with no independant
imp> : confirmation makes me very nervous. :-(

imp> Unless it is critical for the installation on a laptop, I'd suggest
imp> that we pass on a MFC before 4.1R and do it after.  So far we've had
imp> only a couple of people see the problem, if I'm reading things
imp> correctly and not on installation.  Am I understanding right?

Yes, panic will happen only during detach the card.  So, install
should be OK.  I'll MFC after 4.1-RELEASE is out.
Thank you for your suggestion and sorry for makeing this situation.

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/