Date:      23 Mar 2003 19:30:48 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I'm back

--=-W5IM8GOt3QIPC9Nmr+Pd

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 19:22, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> >I'm back from my trip
>=20
> Welcome back, hope you enjoy your trip.

It was a business trip...improving network management at Cisco.  But I
enjoy that kind of thing, so yeah, I had a good time.

>=20
> >I've let a lot of stuff slide.  Basically,
> >here's what needs to be done:
> >
> >* Upgrade Evo to 1.2.3

(Note, this may be delayed as source has not been posted.)

> >* Update Mozilla to 1.3
> >* Upgrade Galeon to 1.2.9
> >* Upgrade gnome-python to 1.99.16
>=20
> pygtk and pyorbit too..

Of course, those all get lumped together.

>=20
> >* Upgrade librsvg2 to 2.2.5
> >* Retire mozilla-devel* from now
> >* Answer all gnome@ PRs
> >* Answer all marcus@ PRs
>=20
> Do you need any help on this part too? Or, they are too easy for you to=20
> update? ;-)

Well, I've done the Mozilla and librsvg2 updates.  I'm updating my GNOME
1.4 machine now for the galeon update.  I also need to hit the AbiWords,
too.  If someone wants to tackle the Python bits, that would be great.

>=20
> >Here's what I could use some help on:
> >
> >* Update porting documentation for the new bsd.gnome.mk
> >
> >This new version will obsolete the USE_GNOMENG macro, and introduce a
> >bunch of new GNOME 2 components as well as the GNOME desktop stuff.  If
> >there are any creative HTML people out there that can update the porting
> >guide to make it look good with all of these changes, I would love to
> >work with them.  This is a priority since the new Mk file will be
> >committed right after 4.8 is released.  Thanks.
>=20
> I have written few nice tutorials, but they never publish in the Internet=
=20
> yet. I am kind of lazy and I think they need to be rewrite. :-) Anyway, b=
ack=20
> to the point, here's my example of nice layout that you can use if you li=
ke=20
> it. Basically, one of my friend created a nice layout and let me to use i=
t,=20
> which I cleaned to get XHTML/CSS strict standard. Example of layout:=20
> http://mezzweb.com:81/tut/porting.html

I like this layout a lot.  Unfortunately, it doesn't meet with the
FreeBSD.org site layout. =20

>=20
> If you like this layout, I am happy to clean up like add/use freebsd.css =
(if=20
> you prefer use this css file too), header and etc, then add some addition=
=20
> CSS for a nice 'shadow' table. I just threw them together quickly.

If you can meld the FreeBSD.org site CSS into this, and present me some
examples, I'll let you know.  Keep in mind that you have to write your
code in SGML.  You should be working against a checked out www module.=20
The GNOME docs can be found in www/en/gnome.  Thanks.

Joe

>=20
> Cheers,
> Mezz