Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:34:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Nathan Vidican" <>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: Sony vs Compaq

A little off-topic from general FreeBSD help... but somewhat related
to hardware compatability w/ FreeBSD... etc:

My IBM StinkPad (aka the Thinkpad A20M (PIII 500)) will not at all
even remotely run FreeBSD, (or Oracle, or much of anything else!); so
I've opted to replace it with a newer (faster/better) machine. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated though I am currently leaning
towards either the Sony FXA47/FXA49, or the COmpaq AMD Athlon 4 model.

Any experiences with Sony and/or Compaq AMD powered laptops? I'm
looking at replacing my IBM StinkPad with either a Compaq or a Sony
1.2Ghz Athlon 4 machine. I'd be really appreciative if anyone has had
any experiences with either of these machines with FreeBSD (or service
issues, etc) that they'd be willing to share.

--
Nathan Vidican
Nathan@Vidican.com