Date:      Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:09:48 -0500
From:      Mark Allman <mallman@grc.nasa.gov>
To:        Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
Cc:        "'Fran.Lawas-Grodek@grc.nasa.gov'" <Fran.Lawas-Grodek@grc.nasa.gov>, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>, Cindy.Tran@grc.nasa.gov, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem in High Speed and Long Delay with FreeBSD

> Have you checked that both sides are negotiating SACK?

No SACK in 4.1.  But, there is no loss in th connection.

> And both sides are negotiating a window scale option sufficiently
> large? (sounds like you need a window scale option of at least 5
> bits?)

We're seeing a shift of 6.

> And the socket-buffer to ttcp is actually being set as large
> as you think? (perhaps run 'ktrace' or 'truss' on ttcp and look
> for an error on the setsockopt).

We hacked ttcp to run getsockopt() to tell us if the kernel did not
honor our setsockopt() request.  All looks fine.

Thanks!  Other ideas?

allman

--
Mark Allman -- BBN/NASA GRC -- http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/