Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:37:24 -0400
From:      Robert Sexton <robert@tabby.kudra.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to best use kld's

This question refers to 4.0-STABLE

Whats the current thinking on kld's?  It seems that every time I turn
around, another driver has moved into the kld tree.

I generally hard wire all of my drivers, but I see now that even
network drivers are moving out into kld-land.   Should I get with the
times and dynamic load things (it would simplify kernel config across
machines), or are the old ways better?    If so, do I have to specify
the klds, or how to I trigger the load?  I see that most of the
filesystems are now dynamic, which sounds good to me.

--
Robert Sexton - robert@kudra.com, Cincinnati OH, USA
"I was shooting from the hip in a dark room using a gun