Date:      Sat, 19 May 2007 15:10:07 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, x11@freebsd.org, Florent Thoumie <flz@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: X.org 7.2 ports merged into the FreeBSD Ports Tree

Peter Jeremy wrote:

> I presume there will be followup commits at some stage to fix
> src/etc/defaults/rc.conf src/etc/defaults/periodic.conf and
> src/etc/login.conf

I presume that by "fix" you mean "remove X11R6 related stuff." My vote
(as someone deeply interested in /etc and especially rc.d related
issues) would be that it be changed in 7-current soonish, and not
changed in RELENG_6 at all. Given that by default there will be
/usr/X11R6 symlinks for the foreseeable future, I don't see any harm
in leaving the status quo as is in RELENG_6, and I see potential POLA
violations if we don't.

Doug