Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 1996 11:00:57 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        dcmyers@access.digex.net (David Myers)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnu configure problems (mail problems too!)

As David Myers wrote:

> Folks -- sorry for the continuing problems with my mail messages.  They're
> getting truncated, apparently because the freebsd.org mail server doesn't
> like my home-grown mail software.  That's a separate problem, and I hope
> you'll excuse the multiple messages.  I apologize for that.

No idea about your GNU configure problem, but your _mail_ problem is
easy. ;-)

> ===>  Configuring for flex-2.5.3
> .
> ..

Well, the line with a single dot traditionally means ``end of
message'' for your mailer.  (It still means ``end of message'' for the
SMTP protocol, but i think the single dot is being escaped somehow to
protect it from closing the DATA connection.)

--
cheers, J"org