Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:41:23 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        Bryan Gembusia <bryan@yycs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiling Xfree86-4.2.0

> From: "Bryan Gembusia" <bryan@yycs.com>
> To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Compiling Xfree86-4.2.0
> Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:43:52 -0500
>
> I am trying to compile XFree86-4.2.0, and I keep getting errors about
> the location of the previous definition.  It then gets the familiar
> Stop Error code 1 messages that we all love so much.  I HAVE SEARCHED
> THE ARCHIVES and cannot find anything there that helps me.  I have
> also tried breaking up the port as suggested in the archives by
> installing the libraries and clients and so on as seperate pieces.  I
> believe this is an IMAKE problem, but am not sure.  Any help would be
> great, but I think I am headed back to linux where X compiles.

    Hi there,

    you should remember to provide as much relevant information as
    possible. What version of FBSD are you running? What revision of the
    XFree86 ports?

    I have built and installed XFree86-4.2.0_1,1 just today, without any
    problems:

%uname -a
FreeBSD freepuppy.mobil.cz 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #1: Tue Apr 3
12:46:19  GMT 2001
roman@freepuppy.mobil.cz:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FREEPUPPY2_1  i386

%ls -1 /var/db/pkg/
XFree86-4.2.0_1,1
XFree86-FontServer-4.2.0
XFree86-Server-4.2.0
XFree86-clients-4.2.0_2
XFree86-documents-4.2.0
XFree86-font100dpi-4.2.0
XFree86-font75dpi-4.2.0
XFree86-fontCyrillic-4.2.0
XFree86-fontDefaultBitmaps-4.2.0
XFree86-fontEncodings-4.2.0
XFree86-fontScalable-4.2.0
XFree86-libraries-4.2.0_1
bbkeys-0.8.3
blackbox-0.62.1
cvsup-without-gui-16.1f
ezm3-1.0
freetype2-2.0.9
gettext-0.10.35_1
gmake-3.79.1
imake-4.2.0
libtool-1.3.4_2
linux_base-6.1

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
6:37PM up 11 days, 1:23, 29 users, load averages: 0.01, 0.07, 0.10