Date:      Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:10:21 +0100
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        fbsdq <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Flash no longer displayed in Firefox

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:36:28 -0800
"Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good information!  To automate this with portmanager you can add
> the following two lines to pm-020.conf:
>
> #below must be on one line
> STOP|/www/linuxpluginwrapper rm
> STOP|-R /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins && ln
> -s /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins|

YEAH, the information is good, except for the symlinked browser_plugins.
You should not do this. That is, when I'd done this this week, mozilla
wouldn't start anymore. Error 76 on X. It stook me quite some time to
find out that the symlinked plugins dir was to blame. I removed the
browser_linux_plugins and mozilla worked again. All plugins just are in
browser_plugins. Having a REAL browser_linux_plugin dir does not harm
the system.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.0 ++ The Power to Serve