Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:38:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bob smith <sekretskwerl@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell problems

> that some post-modern video cards have removed
> traditional support for
> some modes; I guess to free up video BIOS for
> advanced features.

Yeah I guess that's probably what happened because on
my server I have a ATI Rage128 and that thing works
like a champ.

> For completeness you might want to try compiling a
> kernel without VESA,
> and load the module instead, to see if you get the
> same error message.
> That ought not to change the outcome, but you never
> know.

Yeah tried that too but still no go. I guess I'll just
give up on it and feel lucky that all my X stuff works
ok. Thanks for the help.

> P.S.  Wasn't Secret Squirrel a colleague of Morroco
> Mole on an old
> cartoon?

Yep :). I happened to be watching "Two Stupid Dogs" at
the time I created this account.