Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 18:13:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      A.Leidinger@WJPServer.CS.Uni-SB.de
To:        Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@kts.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b-L1-isic_hscx_waitxfw: XFW timeout

On 17 Aug, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

>> I got a
>> ---snip---
>> /kernel: i4b-L1-isic_hscx_waitxfw: HSCX wait for XFW timeout!
>> ---snip---
>>
>> after this I get 5MB of inbytes displayed (after 30 sec online).
>                    ^^^
> Really ???

I've looked twice: 5 Megabytes.

>> At this time I switched between virtual consoles.
>
> In case you are using syscons, i have got similar reports from syscons

Yes, I'm using syscons.

> users as syscons seems to block interrupts for a relatively long time
> when switching screens.
>
> I'm using pcvt everywhere and i don't see this (at least not when switching
> consoles; i see it once per month on my gateway to my provider since i

I didn't say the switching produced it, I just noticed it while
switching consoles (I've a "tail -F /var/log/messages >/dev/ttyv6").
If I remember correctly, it didn't switched the console, so I was a
little bit confused what happened and looked at the messages.

> downgraded it from a SCSI drive to an IDE drive :-( ).
>
>> Something I have to worry about (first time I see this)?
>
> No, not the message. I'm a bit more concerned about the 5 Mb data, what
> do you mean by "inline" ?

I think you mean "online", right?
 - time: aa:bb:00, triggered dial-out (aa:bb fixed random time)
 - time: aa:bb:xx, xx < 30, noticed the timeout
 - time: aa:bb:30, noticed inbytes = ~5MB at vtyv3 (~170KB/sec)

Bye,
Alexander.

--
        Elevator out of order. Try the ones across the street.

http://netchild.home.pages.de   A.Leidinger+Home @ WJPServer.CS.Uni-SB.de