Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:26:32 -0500
From:      "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a number of widly varied questions [FreeBSD 6.0; stdc++6, Xorg/Drivers & issues, one KDE issue]

Thank you, that screen refresh rate seems to have fixed it. The
original that xorg generated through the config script just drove my
monitor bonkers (lots of shaking and a message on the screen that
complained). I finally managed to get it to work forcing horiz and
vert to be 60.0 (60.0-60.0 on each). My screen setup was almost
identical to yours (except I had 1024x768, 800x600 and 640x480 in
there as fallbacks). I didn't change that, and it does seem to work.

With those settings you gave me, the resolution is now at 1280x1024,
and the text no longer causes my eyes to bleed. Thanks!