Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:24:23 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Repository copy request: (part of) ports/net -> ports/www

On Sun, 26 Nov 1995, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  * OK, done.
>
> Thanks.  I did the rest of the work, namely removing all ports from
> their former locations, adjusting the subdir Makefiles and module
> paths.

I decided to get lazy and write a script for the "special case" of the
non-tagged ports heirachy.  Boy, am I glad Satoshi slapped me back to my
senses when I suggested he branch the 2.1 tree rather than freeze..

> After you copy utils/Makefile (which is in the Attic now) to misc,
> I'll change the new category names in ports/Makefile and commit the
> new INDEX.  And then that should be it.

BTW, I dont know how much of an issue it is to have a permanently
buildable ports tree, but I can move rather than copy the files all in
the same step.  This would leave the SUBDIR tree broken....

-Peter