Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:33:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        sheldonh@starjuice.net
Cc:        msmith@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: __P macro question

In message: <63553.1012386783@axl.seasidesoftware.co.za>
            Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net> writes:
: I think the original idea was to do it for HEAD only, to avoid unnecessary
: deltas for RELENG_4 cvsup users.  Since 5.0-RELEASE has been delayed, it
: probably doesn't make sense for the purge to happen until the advent of
: the RELENG_5 branch.  We don't want gratuitous diffs like this making
: merges onto RELENG_4 difficult.

I disagree.  This is why we didn't do it before 4.0 with
s/4/3/;s/5/4/.  We should just do it.  If we need to, we can MFC the
changes that get in the way.

Warner