Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:57:51 -0700
From:      Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
To:        James Earl <mtntrip@telusplanet.net>
Cc:        Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reading/Mounting a CD-RW

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 09:26:13PM +0000, James Earl wrote:
> I'm trying to mount the CD-RW disk in the burner that I used to write to the
> CD-RW disk. It's an internal ATAPI/IDE HP 8100. Is that the problem, that it's
> an IDE drive, and not SCSI?
>
> Regular CD's mount fine.
Aha.

I had a similar problem that turned out to be a dead cd burner.
Can you burn regular CDROMs and mount them OK?  In my case, the
drive read CDs fine but no drive, including itself could read the
CDs that it burned.  It died the same time my tape drive died (on
the same SCSI bus and in the same external tower), so I suspect I
zapped it with static or something.

--
Kenneth Ingham
ingham@i-pi.com