Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:31:10 -0700
From:      Tom Vilot <tom@vilot.com>
To:        Peter Risdon <peter@circlesquared.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PHP / Apache bus error

Peter Risdon wrote:

>>Can you explain why? What is it about 4.11 vs 4.9 with regard to this issue?
>>

>Just that it's an up-to-date release.
>
>PHP and its extensions do depend on bits of the base system. You are
>using the very latest ported version, so far as I can see, with an out
>of date world.

Okay, I suspect I'm going to have to bite the bullet. I must admit, tho,
I have some irrational fears about upgrading the core system.

1. I've never done it before

2. The server in question is in Texas. I am in Colorado.

3. I would rather not have to rent KVM and reboot into single user mode
... but will if I must ...

(( sigh ))

If I'm going to upgrade the system, does it make sense to just go
straight to 5.3?