Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 23:19:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        Matthias Hertel <wir95cgu@rzaix340.rz.uni-leipzig.de>, questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Q] SyQuest SQ3270A; graphics

On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, Julian Elischer wrote:

> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > now that 2.1-R is out, I'm thinking about installing FreeBSD. However, I
> > still have the following questions:
> >
> > How does FreeBSD handle SyQuest removable drives? I have an SQ3270 (the IDE
> > version of the 270meg drive), and use both 105meg and 270meg cartridges. Is
> > it possible to mount/unmount cartridges of *different* sizes while the
> > system is running?
>  my GUESS is yes, but I don't know anyone who'se tried it..
> you must remmeber to totally unmount a disk before taking it out
> and swapping it...
>
> If it doesn't work, then it's something we really should suport
> but have botched..

My removeable 100 mb zip drive works execllently.  I can mount, unmount,
pop and change the disk, just like a floppy.

> > Does FreeBSD support graphics *w/o* X? (In other words: Is there
> > something like Linux' svgalib?) I want to preview .dvi files graphically,
> > but I don't have the computer and monitor to comfortably run X.
>
> My guess is that the svgalib could be ported by someone who knows
> how these things work.. I vaguely remmeber someone saying they had done most
> of it once....
>

> > Thank you for your help,
> > -mat

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;