Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 2003 06:02:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      LSU ECE Grad Info <ecegrad@ece.lsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Movie

This is an automatic answering service that allows you to get more information about our program and  prepare material for a formal application

		ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
		    LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY

INSTRUCTIONS FOR e-mail APPLICANTS

You can get information about our program from our homepage on the WEB

http://www.ee.lsu.edu

You can also download information using our FTP server location

ftp.ee.lsu.edu/gradinfo

You can also obtain information using e-mail as follows

send e-mail message			ecegrad@ee.lsu.edu

put in the subject line ONE of the following code words

computers	info on the area of computer engineering
electronics	info on the area of materials and electronics
power		info on electric power and power electronics
systems		info on communications, signal processing and automatic control
labs		info on some of the research facilities
finance		info on financial assistance
faculty		faculty names, areas of interest and e-mail addressess
preapplication	to receive an electronic pre-application
application	to receive a PDF version of the Graduate School Application
recommendation	to receive an electronic recommendation form

You MUST complete and e-mail the pre application form to

		eceapply@ee.lsu.edu

Make sure that ALL data are completed, especially the information about test scores and academic ranking.

TOGETHER with the pre application form, e-mail a STATEMENT OF PURPOSE indicating which area of our graduate program is of particular interest to you and why. Briefly summarize the qualifications that would make you suitable for an assistanship (research and/or teaching)

Ask three professors that know you academically to send us letters of recommendation

	If feasible, download from our site the postscript file with letter of recommendation form, make three copies of it and ask your professors to mail them directly to
		GRADUATE ADVISOR
	ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
	LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
	BATON ROUGE, LA 70803-5901

	Alternatively,
	send an email message to 		ecegrad@ee.lsu.edu
	put in the subject line put the word 	recommendation

You will receive a plain text form that your professors can complete and mail.
For the sake of speed, YOUR PROFESSOR CAN E-MAIL the completed form to us at

		eceapply@ee.lsu.edu.

If e-mail is used, it MUST be supplemented by a letter from your major professor
with his or her signature.

ONCE WE HAVE RECEIVED ALL THE MATERIAL REQUESTED ABOVE, WE WILL MAKE A PRELIMINARY EVALUATION AND IF APPLICABLE WE WILL SEND YOU ALL THE MATERIAL NECESSARY FOR A FORMAL APPLICATION