Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:18:45 +0100
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thomas_W=FCrfl?= <ThomasWuerfl@gmx.de>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with wine

--X1xGqyAVbSpAWs5A

Julian Elischer(julian@elischer.org)@2002.03.27 11:43:50 +0000:
[...my dumbass workaround deleted...]
> He said he was running native..
>=20
> the cpu type is in=20
> `sysctl hw`
> The code shuold be altered on FreeBSD to look there.

oops, you're prefectly right. i skipped the "(native)" when reading the
original mail. anyway, wine needs to be patched then, since hw.machine
gives the platform which is "i386" in case of x86, correct? btw, is this
intended behaviour? i thought hw.machine_arch would be for that purpose.

hw.machine_arch is set up in kern/kern_mib.c to "i386" on pc hardware
hw.machine is set up in i386/i386/identcpu.c to "i386" anytime (on
4.3-stable, my currently active stable source i have immediate access
to) wouldn't it make sense to set the SYSCTL_STRING on hw.machine to a
gcc compatible (-mcpu or -march) value? this would make us happier in
the future when gcc does not generate broken code in several scenarios
anymore. does this make sense?

/k

--=20
> "Her figure described a set of parabolas that could cause cardiac arrest
> in a yak." --Woody Allen
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46
My mail is GnuPG signed -- Unsigned ones are bogus -- http://www.gnupg.org/
Please do not remove my address from To: and Cc: fields in mailing lists. 1=
0x

--X1xGqyAVbSpAWs5A

--X1xGqyAVbSpAWs5A--